Senior Structural Engineer
Job Reference: J0013696
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Indianapolis (must have legal status to work in the USA)
Salary: $65,000- $78,000 dependent upon experience
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a Senior Structures Engineer to join our client based in Indianapolis, USA.
Our client is a leader in business aviation, transaction and completion services. They were established more than 15 years ago and have since become an outstanding company for VIP customers looking for personal and professional management of their aviation needs including: aircraft sales and acquisitions, aircraft operations and charter management, cabin interiors, maintenance and upgrades.
The Senior Structures Engineer is responsible for design, documentation and installation tasks on Transport Category Aircraft for Interior Completion STC projects and smaller modifications for Executive Aircraft undergoing Maintenance Operations under our Part 145 delegation. The post holder will be responsible for the development of organizational standards, methods and processes.
– Creates complex design of aircraft primary and secondary structures to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget, and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/ Design tools.
– Designs repairs for aircraft structure that are beyond the scope of repair documentation
– Reviews service bulletins and airworthiness directives for applicability to fleet, and generates engineering documentation for the accomplishment of structural inspections and modifications.
– Develops and administers budget and project schedules.
– Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
– May perform as functional “lead” for group on specific projects.
– Generates Requests For Quotes (RFQs) for elements of engineering that may be outsourced.
– Manages technical subcontracts to ensure technical scope is achieved within schedule.
– Reviews and approves designs generated by structures engineers.
– Interacts with internal and external customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
– Previous experience working on structural modifications and provisions, preferably for large VIP transport category aircraft.
– Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States.
– Computer Aided Drafting/ Design (SolidWorks preferred).
– Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
– Expert knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
– Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
– Budget and project development experience required.
– Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
– Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
– Strong time-management and organizational skills.
– Good presentation skills
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com