Senior Stress Engineer
Job Reference: J0013694
Job Title: Senior Stress Engineer
Location: Indianapolis (must have legal status to work in the USA)
Salary: $65,000- $78,000 dependent upon experience
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a Senior Stress Engineer to join our client based in Indianapolis, USA.
Our client is a leader in business aviation, transaction and completion services. They were established more than 15 years ago and have since become an outstanding company for VIP customers looking for personal and professional management of their aviation needs including: aircraft sales and acquisitions, aircraft operations and charter management, cabin interiors, maintenance and upgrades.
The Senior Stress Engineer is responsible for analytical substantiation for Large Interior Completion STC projects for Transport Category Aircraft and smaller modifications for Executive Aircraft undergoing Maintenance Operations under our Part 145 delegation. The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the development of organizational standards, methods and processes.
– Generates, coordinates, and reviews structural substantiation reports and associated analyses in support of Interior Modification STCs for Large Transport category Aircraft (14 CFR Part 25).
– Reviews and coordinates departmental review of engineering drawings.
– Supports creation of decompression analysis layouts and coordinates implementation of results of analysis developments.
– Supports analysis and structural substantiation needs related to the Maintenance business enterprise for 14 CFR Part 25 executive aircraft under our Part 145 delegation.
– Develops quotes and tracks budget/ schedule within the Flight Sciences Department.
– Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
– Mentors less experienced engineers within the department.
– Generates Requests For Quotes (RFQs), for analysis that may be outsourced
– Manages technical subcontracts to ensure technical scope and quality is achieved within schedule.
– Interfaces with structural, mechanical systems, interior, avionics and electrical design engineers to ensure certifiable designs for all structural aspects and generates the associated substantiating analysis and/ or testing required.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent.
– Significant experience working in aircraft completions industry on transport category aircraft and the associated Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification of all associated aircraft installation designs, including but not limited to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) work, structural substantiation analysis and report development, aircraft modification designs under14 CFR Part 25 STC projects, and test plans and test report authoring and review.
– Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
– Desire to become a company Designated Engineering Representative (DER) for structures.
– Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) governing aircraft certification.
– Strong understanding of aircraft structural installations (both interior and airframe).
– Strong command of classical hand-analysis techniques.
– Proficient with the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. NASTRAN/ FEMAP (basic user skill, proficiency a plus), AutoCAD (basic user skill, proficiency a plus), SolidWorks (basic user skill, proficiency a plus), Visual Basic or other coding skills a plus
– Strong knowledge of Finite Element Modeling and Analysis techniques.
– Ability to interpret design drawings of various aircraft modifications and identify design changes required to ensure that sound load paths and structural integrity are maintained.
– Must be able to communicate technical issues in an assertive and tactful manner.
– Ability to generate thorough, detailed, and timely structural analysis reports.
– Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a team environment.
– Strong communication, problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com