Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Job Reference: J0013695
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Location: Indianapolis (must have legal status to work in the USA)
Salary: $65,000- $78,000 dependent upon experience
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer to join our client based in Indianapolis, USA.
Our client is a leader in business aviation, transaction and completion services. They were established more than 15 years ago and have since become an outstanding company for VIP customers looking for personal and professional management of their aviation needs including: aircraft sales and acquisitions, aircraft operations and charter management, cabin interiors, maintenance and upgrades.
The post holder will provide senior level engineering drawings on mechanical systems in support of VIP aircraft completions to include advanced level technical solutions to complex mechanical problems associated with the design and implementation of systems into completion aircraft.
– Provide advanced engineering design and analysis of mechanical systems and components.
– Prepare advanced mechanical system reports and drawings.
– Develop advanced mechanical system modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
– Superior knowledge of one or more of the following aircraft utility systems: Air condition, ventilation, equipment cooling, fire/ smoke detection, water/ waste (potable water, gray water and vacuum waste), oxygen, bleed air.
– Strong familiarization with trending and analysis of SB’s, AD’s, writing EO’s.
– Identifies discrepancies and/ or problems with drawings before releasing to production and implements correction action to ensure the timely release.
– Provides advanced technical support and engineering disposition in order to resolve aircraft engineering/mechanical systems problems.
– Using company procedures, applies advanced level engineering knowledge to resolve complex issues.
– Reviews and actions Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
– Develops and implements engineering modifications and retrofits to completions in progress in accordance with OEM service bulletins.
– Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/ repair performed on aircraft mechanical systems/ components.
– Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
– Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
– Acts as a mentor for junior level Engineers.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Systems Engineering or comparable.
– Previous experience in Aviation Mechanical Systems Engineering or equivalent.
– Computer Aided Drafting/ Design (SolidWorks preferred).
– Aviation background and mechanical systems experience required.
– Strong knowledge of industry mechanical systems and documentation standards.
– Experience with mechanical systems and components.
– Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
– Strong time-management and organizational skills.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com