Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Job Reference: J0013693
Job Title: Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Location: Indianapolis (must have legal status to work in the USA)
Salary: $65,000- $78,000 dependent upon experience
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer to join our client based in Indianapolis, USA.
Our client is a leader in business aviation, transaction and completion services. They were established more than 15 years ago and have since become an outstanding company for VIP customers looking for personal and professional management of their aviation needs including: aircraft sales and acquisitions, aircraft operations and charter management, cabin interiors, maintenance and upgrades.
The role of the Senior Electrical Systems Engineer is to perform a variety of engineering work including design, analysis, substantiation, certification, drawing interpretation and project management related to transport category aircraft. You may also provide senior level engineering drawings related to electrical systems and components in support of VIP aircraft completions.
– Design and analyze electrical systems and components, typically in support aircraft interior modifications and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
– Prepare electrical engineering reports, Engineering Authorization (EAs), drawings, analysis, and test plans.
– Develop cabin electrical modification/installation work instruction, procedures and recommendations.
– Coordinate and monitor electrical aspects of project schedule with project managers.
– Monitor and support electrical kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
– Support electrical aspects of proposal development.
– Coordinate with foreign and domestic approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/ or approvals.
– Work within engineering team to delegate and assign work to appropriate team members.
– Applies area of specialty to design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
– Reviews progress with management and recommends corrective action along with review of alternatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Aerospace Engineering.
– Previous experience in Aviation Electrical Engineering position.
– Experience with aircraft electrical systems and wiring diagrams
– Familiarity with the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process, OEM documentation, and working with DERs
– Proficient with SolidWorks Electrical preferred.
– Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
– Knowledge of MS Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) preferred.
– Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
– Experience with electrical assemblies and components.
– Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
– Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
– Budget and project management experience.
– Experience leading employees/ teams in productive and efficient manner.
– Requires in-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory agency requirements and discern how a design may be influenced by them.
– Requires reasoning/ analytical skills to creatively design and problem solve.
– Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com