Job Reference: J0013483
Job Title: CNC Setter
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Salary: £22,500- £24,500 per annum + 20% shift allowance
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting a CNC Setter/ Operator on behalf of our client, a market leader in the design, manufacture and certification of aircraft interiors to join their successful team in Cwmbran, Wales.
Established more than 120 years ago, the company trades in 16 countries worldwide and employs around 35,000 people, doubling in the last 8 years. The company focuses on high end products and supports its airline customers throughout the product’s life cycle.
Reporting to the Team Leader in the Manufacturing Unit, the role of the CNC Setter is to produce machined parts by setting up and operating the CNC machines whilst maintaining quality and safety standards.
This role will be working a double day shift pattern: 6am- 2.30pm or 2.30pm- 11pm, Monday- Thursday and 6am- 12pm or 12pm- 6pm on Fridays.
– Download programs from the file server
– Use micrometers, verniers and other inspection equipment to meet tolerance requirements stipulated in engineering drawings
– Perform daily/ weekly maintenance tasks in accordance with Machine Centre maintenance plan
– Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
– Participate in continuous improvement activities
– Complete all necessary paper work as required
– Work with Team Leader & programming team seeking opportunities to improve processes and reduce cycle times
– Support team colleagues
– Maintain good housekeeping in accordance with 5S processes and practices
– Take responsibility for own quality of output
– Perform other tasks as reasonably requested by Team Leader/ Manager
– Salary up to £24,500 dependent on experience
– 20% shift allowance
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Company Pension
– Life Assurance
– Free car parking
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Childcare Vouchers
– Employee Discounts
Skills and Qualifications:
– An HNC or an indentured/ modern apprenticeship or equivalent is essential
– A good understanding of general machining practices and processes
– A good understanding of CNC machining, preferably with Heidenhein, Fanuc and Mazatrol
– Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings
– Ability to work under own initiative in a fast- moving environment
– Demonstrates team spirit through a willingness to help other colleagues
– Some heavy lifting may be involved
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com