Head of Operations and Station Manager
Job Title: Head of Operations and Station Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Location: London Heathrow Airport
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a Head of Operations and Station Manager to join their Engineering Services Line Maintenance team based at Heathrow Airport.
Aeropeople is the leading dedicated Aerospace maintenance and manpower provider; with our knowledge, experience and commitment we do not merely operate in the same business – we are your business.
We are committed to delivering a premier service to all our customers and our strength lies in our ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing customer requirements, within an uncertain climate of change and opportunity.
With offices at London Stansted, London Heathrow, Farnborough and East Midlands airports we have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality maintenance solutions with accredited manpower. Achievements to date have been accomplished by exceeding quality standards and expectations, and by concentrating on customer objectives and continuous improvement.
Our Engineering Services division prides itself in providing the very best in Aviation Line Maintenance and Continuing Airworthiness Management (CAMO) Services. Our internationally recognised and multi-type approved Line Maintenance team and CAMO team both hold EASA and international approvals, which combined make their aviation knowledge and experience unrivalled.
The role of the Head of Operations and Station Manager is to be the focal customer point for the operation at London Heathrow. You will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of the station in order to ensure customer service, accurate and timely execution of all process and procedures and maintain the highest level of quality. Your role will also include expanding both the customer portfolio and regulatory services available.
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager for CAA/ EASA matters and the Technical Director for business functions, you will have 5 direct reports.
• In conjunction with Duty Managers, review client work programs to determine that labour, materials, stock & equipment is in place to meet demand.
• Determines the effectiveness of and implements operational activities, communications and training.
• Ensure that all Station customer accounts are up to date
• Contribute to the strategic direction of increasing customer base.
• Ensure all staff remain compliant with local rules/ regulation, company procedure, competent, trained and approved to do their jobs.
• Responsible for keeping all station facilities, equipment and activities in compliance with applicable CAA/ EASA Part 145 regulations, local and Airport regulations, policies and procedures
• Liaise with clients/ partners in a prompt and professional manner
• Meet or exceed budgetary requirements for the station
• Evaluate and audit work processes to ensure adherence to process standards and avoidance of wasted company resources.
• Negotiable salary dependent upon experience
• Car allowance of £6,000 per annum
• Performance based bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Generous company pension scheme
• Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
• Healthcare plan access
• Extensive experience in aircraft maintenance.
• Extensive knowledge of CAA/ EASA Part 145
• Knowledge of CAA Part M/ CAMO advantageous
• Extensive experience setting up new maintenance stations.
• Good knowledge of maintenance planning, logistics functions, stock control, recording and Goods in/ Goods out processing/ compliance
• Proven ability to communicate with staff, clients and ensure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
• Excellent communications skills – This is a customer facing role and requires the upmost professional conduct in some challenging situations
• Ability to often work on your own delivering the highest standards of compliance/ ethics
• Proven leadership skills to ensure the very best is achieved by the entire team.
• Proven skills in continuation improvement programs.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• CAA or EASA Part 66 Licensed Engineer with good knowledge of Airbus & Boeing products.
• IOSH Training would be advantageous – will be supplied if necessary.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.