Senior Quality Engineer
Job Reference: J0014316
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
About the Company:
Aeropeople are excited to be working with one of the world’s largest independent Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) providers.
Our client offer extensive MRO services for the business, commercial and military markets across the globe.
• Undertake planned assurance/compliance activities including the performance process, product and compliance audits on both new product introductions as well as existing capabilities.
• Perform proactive and regular operational activity surveillance promoting best practice as well as highlighting areas for improvement with a view to minimising the likelihood of quality escapes.
• Assist the Operations, Engineering and all Support functions regarding the Quality Management System (QMS) and product investigation cycle as deemed necessary by Quality Management with the ultimate aim to minimise the possibility of faulty products reaching the customer, and improving in-house quality measures.
• Ensure that any planned corrective / preventative actions are implemented within the desired timeframe and they are suitably robust to prevent recurrence of future similar and related quality escapes.
• Compilation of contract specific Quality Assurance documentation, Quality Management Plans and Procedures, ensuring such comply with Regulatory Authorities, Customer and Third Party requirements.
• Assisting the Quality Assurance department with the attainment and maintenance of all New Product Introduction (NPI) and existing company approvals.
• Assist in the management of the Company Non-Conformance Reporting System (Q-Pulse).
• Support Company process / efficiency improvement events.
• Influence and support all areas of the business in delivering Customer satisfaction.
• To maintain a competent and independent Quality function that delivers the correct level of quality assurance across the business, and ensuring that audits are conducted by suitably qualified, competent and independent personnel.
• Able to travel to other locations to assist in regulatory/certification audits when required.
• Coaching and mentoring less experienced QA associates and auditors.
• Act as the Deputy to the Quality Manager.
• To manage and maintain Quality, Regulatory, and Customer approvals and pro-actively liaise with customers, 3rd party auditors, regulatory authorities, and legal bodies on all associated matters.
• To provide statistical analysis on Quality performance, and report on the effectiveness of the Quality Management System, through the relevant Business Management Review Meetings.
• To ensure costs of poor quality are identified, reported and addressed.
• To manage and maintain a Continued Professional Development plan to ensure personally remaining competent and up to date with regulatory changes.
• To identify changes in regulations, produce a detailed gap analysis and impact statement, and provide guidance to the BU Directors to ensure relevant processes, procedures, and risk assessments, are created or updated to address changes.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that could expose employees, customers, suppliers, or members of the public, to risk of harm. And that the respective BU Directors are ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that expose the company to Quality related financial risks, and providing support to the respective BU Directors in ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that could seriously effect product conformity, Air Safety or continued regulatory approvals, and providing support to the respective BU Directors in ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To ensure an assessment of all suppliers is conducted to satisfy the needs of the organisation, and any associated risks are identified, and providing support to ensure they are managed effectively by the relevant BU.
• Undertaking activities necessary to provide assurance that all Company Certifying and Support Staff are competent and appropriately authorised.
• The Senior Quality Engineer is authorised to:
• To liaise with and correspond with all staff on all Quality matters.
• The Senior Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
• HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline (preferably aerospace based).
• Formal military and civil regulatory training (MAOS, DAOS, CFAOS, EASA/CAA Part-145, EASA/CAA Part CAMO, MilCAMO.
• Lead Auditor trained and a comprehensive track record in successful delivery.
• Chartered Quality Professional status.
• Knowledge of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul processes.
• Good interpersonal skills, IT skills, good overall business knowledge.
• Able to deliver results vital to business success whilst being fully supportive to other team members.
• Understanding of military and civil aviation practices, Continuing Airworthiness Management.
• Understanding of the application of AS9100 or AS9110.
• Understanding of Defence Standards and Allied Quality Assurance Procedures.
• Understanding of statistical analysis.
• Previous experience in providing Quality Assurance across varied client groups.
• Demonstrable ability to influence decision making process across all levels.
• Demonstrable ability to build positive relationships with military and civil regulatory authorities.
• Demonstrable ability to influence cultural behaviours.