Rotary Support Operative
Job Reference: J0014266
Job Title: Rotary Support Operative
About the Company
Our Client is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
To support the Rotary business unit in all non-direct activities. The primary role is operate within the Tool Store.
Will support MRF, aircraft walking and aircraft cleaning activities when not performing primary role.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Transfer of aircraft components between onsite satellite locations, utilising site transport (White / Yellow fleet) where appropriate;
• To ensure the cleanliness of all Rotary satellite locations and control and segregation of all waste, sent for disposal in accordance with Health and Safety requirements;
• Aircraft / Component Cleaning activities;
• Support of Aircraft Movements;
• General support to Tool Store;
• General support to Logistics;
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of products/materials is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures;
• Report any defects on vehicles, machinery and equipment;
• Compliance with all current Health and Safety and Environmental regulations;
• Carry out any further activities in support of the business, as required;
• Working in line with our organisational values (Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork);
• Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Competent user of Microsoft Office programmes (e)
• Holds a full car driving licence (e)
• Holds a Fork Lift Truck licence (d)
• Slinger Banksman trained (d)
• Basic knowledge of waste management (d)
• Experience of working in a regulated environment; (d)
• Bonus scheme: Non-contractual. Max. £250 quarterly with an additional annual bonus with the potential of max. £250 (Max. total – £1250 per annum, subject to business achievements)
• Pension: 4% employer, 4% employee
• Holiday: 206 hours + Bank Holidays
• Life Assurance: 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay: Gradual increase, year on year to a maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• Hours: 37 per week (excluding meal breaks) working Monday to Friday on a flexible working hour’s basis.