Commercial and Planning Manager
Job Reference: J0013217
Job Title: Commercial and Planning Manager
About the Company:
Based at Dublin Airport, our MRO client’s state of the art 20,000M2 service centre handles the maintenance and overhaul of approximately 70 aircraft per annum.
Following on from a recent expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Commercial and Planning Manager in their Base Maintenance Department. This role will be based onsite at Dublin Airport and will report to the Head of Base maintenance. The successful candidate will manage the estimation, materials requisition, planning, and invoicing functions within the Base Maintenance department.
– Liaise with sales and marketing to confirm contract commercial terms.
– Manage the planning process from estimation to check completion.
– Allocate and manage the material support for each check.
– Ensure operational staff are aware the commercial terms of contract.
– Ensure billable labour and material charges are collected and presented to customer for agreement.
– In conjunction with Check Managers and Check Estimation, produce weekly Check Manpower Plans.
– Monitor and report spent/earned figures for individual aircraft checks.
– Monitor material spends on aircraft checks.
– Manage the performance of base commercial team.
– Drive materials and labour recoverability through continuous improvement.
– Resolve customer invoice queries relating to base elements of aircraft check.
– Resolve issues and disputes concerning charges and payments in conjunction with the relevant Check Manager.
– Continuous improvement projects as may be assigned from time to time.
– Identify and implement commercial and planning training as required.
– Maintain the Rectification Analysis Database with feedback from each check and provide a rectification factor or rectification allowance to the estimators for inclusion in the bid process.
– Maintain the Capacity Planning system for Base Maintenance.
– Produce reports as required detailing Base Maintenance performance, including the Base Maintenance Weekly report.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Demonstrated Management/supervisory experience and strong leadership skills.
– Demonstrated experience of commercial awareness and understanding of business objective.
– Must be a self-starter with the enthusiasm and ability to see projects through to conclusion.
– Knowledge of Base Maintenance organisation and procedures.
– Strong communication skills oral and written.
– Competent PC skills (MS office, email and company ERP system).
– The commitment and motivation to embrace the values and guiding principles of our client with regard to changes and improvements within the business.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV, excluding text boxes or images.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople’ on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all our latest jobs on aeropeople.com.