Senior Systems Engineer / Engineering Manager – 3-6 Month Contract
Job Reference: J0014074
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer / Engineering Manager – 3-6 Month Contract
About the Company:
Our Client is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world, with a reputation for innovation and excellence in engineering. We offer exceptional capabilities in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, composite solutions and the provision of sophisticated container systems and tactical shelters.
You will become a Lead Engineer on a large-scale and complex project / bid, or lead multiple smaller projects. In this role, as part of the leadership in an integrated project team, you will ensure the product meets the Customer, contractual and legal requirements.
The successful applicant will be a decision maker, and become the primary technical point of contact on the projects. You will be empowered within the project to make final decisions on technical aspects, and will lead technical design reviews through our governance process.
Your principal duties will include:
– Promote the implementation of Systems Engineering across the MADG Engineering function.
– Possess an in-depth knowledge of the standards and specifications appropriate to the discipline of Systems Engineering.
– Apply pragmatic and best-practice Systems Engineering techniques to support our projects and business development activities.
– Application of the MADG Business Management System (BMS) procedures in the conduct of your work.
– Work effectively across the matrix and deliver bottom-line performance collaboratively.
– Challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to improve engineering quality, productivity and timeliness of delivery.
– Set and enforce standards, ensure rigour, resilience and continuous improvement in design solutions, meeting all regulatory requirements, conforming to specifications, quality and certification requirements within schedule and budget.
– Act as a project integrator and interface between project management and other engineering teams.
– Ensure budgets and timescales are met, whilst managing and ensuring delivery of functional engineering within the project team.
– Lead engagement with the customer to develop a shared understanding of project objectives / milestones, and develop a working relationship.
– Act promptly and mobilise internal resources and team to resolve complex customer cases.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will be a qualified Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in the Land and/or Aerospace sectors. We are seeking people with the ability to make a difference and pro-actively lead our Systems Engineering approach to large and complex project work.
We will consider a range of experience, so if you have the passion and a desire to make a difference but are relatively junior in your present role, then don’t be put off – we would love to hear from you. You will have the following skills and qualities:
– Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and outside of the business.
– The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
– Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
– Good understanding of the market in which MADG operates, including competitors, suppliers, customers and regulatory organisations.
– Experienced in planning and delivering large and complex tasks to schedule and budget, demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
– Have led a technical team with line management responsibility, in a matrix style organisation.
– Proven experience of supporting team members to deliver and develop through coaching and guidance.
– Sound understanding of product safety, standards, technical risk management.
– Experienced with generating and managing requirements.
– Broad technical understanding of engineering field, for example Stress Analysis.
– Broad understanding of manufacturing techniques, including riveting, bonding, fabricating.
– Experience of the Land Military domain is preferable but not essential.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com