Senior Support Solutions Manager
Job Reference: J0013783
Job Title: Senior Support Solutions Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
About the Company:
Working for one of the world’s largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit a Senior Support Solutions Manager to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have more than 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.7 billion. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
The Land Systems division specialises in Defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, the delivery of Managed Support Services (MSS) ranging from Contracting for Availability to traditional Post Design Service contracting, and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
The MSS team structure comprises the Support Programme Delivery Team who are responsible for delivery and evolution of current support contracts; and the Futures Team, who are responsible for Support Solution design and development, strategic growth and new business development, as well as developing support contracts prior to transfer to the Support Programme Delivery Team.
Reporting to the Director of Support Programmes, the SSSM will lead the Futures Team and propel the growth of the MSS business through the pursuit of MSS opportunities and in the design, development and implementation of MSS solutions.
– Support the Director of Support Programmes in the delivery of all MSS objectives, including the growth of the MSS business in accordance with the business plan.
– Lead the Futures Team to develop innovative and cost-effective managed support service offerings.
– Support business development activity associated with the business stream.
– Engage with customers and partner organisations, bidding for opportunities where Support is an element of the company’s offer, as well as where the opportunity is entirely of a Support nature.
– Lead the team in: creating bid/ project specific MSS solutions, planning, scheduling, budgeting, implementation and management of all MSS solutions, facilitating and optimising stakeholder inclusion and buy-in for organisational and customer confidence in delivery.
– Support the development of new strategic products and develop our information as a service proposition.
– Personally deliver the role of Support Solution Design Manager for designated projects or programmes; working as the MSS representative and an integrated member of the Project Team to provide MSS input to the Project; collaborate with other technical project disciplines as the Project Support Solution Architect.
– Briefing Customers and the company Management Board at Programme Reviews.
– Line management of the Future Solutions Team (currently 4 experienced direct reports) and setting/ reviewing individual performance targets.
– Act as a deputy to the Director of Support Programmes, and work closely with the MSS Senior Programme Manager.
– Negotiable salary dependent upon experience
– Enhanced company pension scheme
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Private medical insurance + family
– Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
– Onsite parking and canteen
– Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
– Restaurant Discount Card
– Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
– Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
– Healthcare cash plan
– Cycle to Work scheme
Skills and Qualifications:
– An academic degree or equivalent, in a technical discipline, from a university or other higher educational establishment
– Experience of managing multi-function projects in a matrix organisation
– The ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders across the business.
– Leading and managing teams of people.
– A proactive, energetic and positive individual who thrives on personal challenge and accountability who has the ability and confidence to challenge in a constructive manner.
– An innovative thinker, with strong analytical and problem- solving skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly express views and ideas.
– Experience in fleet management and performance based logistics.
– Experience in developing, leading and managing performance based support contracts.
– Involvement and understanding of Integrated Logistics Support.
– Understanding and experience in the Defence market and defence acquisition.
– Project Management experience- a formal Project Management qualification would be desirable.
– Understanding and implementing strategic growth, business planning and business development.
– Equipment Support Management experience.
– Experience in Design and Development of Support Solutions for electro-mechanical systems, preferably in the Land environment.
– Experience in Availability Contracting.
– Experience in delivery of Change Management.
– Previous experience in the delivery of Supportability Engineering and ILS Elements as an ILS Manager is desirable.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com