Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Job Number: J0014255
Term: Contract Position
Working for one of the world’s largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Technician to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have more than 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.7 billion. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
Their Land Systems division provide their customers (UK and International) with maintenance, supply and technical services as well as providing new product design and developments of deployable infrastructure, medical & C2ISR and vehicle systems. Programs in this environment span the product lifecycle and project complexities and include: design engineering, supply chain selection, manufacture, assembly, installation, testing and certification programs with subsequent rate production and through life support.
This interesting and challenging role will include the following responsibilities:
• Inspect components, sub-assemblies and finished products at process stages to ensure the delivered items meet the appropriate specification and company workmanship standards, and generate and process Non-conformance documentation where required.
• Conduct inspections of supplied components against drawings, appropriate specifications and process Non-conformance documentation where required.
• Investigate any quality issues to identify root cause and raise appropriate corrective action paperwork, ensure issues are addressed and drive the improvements.
• Conduct and manage appropriate tests to verify product and component performance.
• Undertake calibration of basic measuring equipment.
• Produce KPI feedback on performance in areas of responsibility.
• Support Quality Engineers to collate product data pack information.
• Manage project activities in line with agreed time budgets.
• Maintain electronic drawing register and distribute drawings to Production.
• Substantial experience of operating in an ISO9001 Quality Systems environment.
• Good written and verbal communication to clearly express facts, views and ideas.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and suggest potential design improvements.
• Knowledge of quality inspection and auditing principles.
• Must be competent in use of basic measuring equipment e.g. Vernier, micrometer etc.
• Hold a full UK driving license. Willing to visit Customer/Supplier, ad hoc meetings.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes. Including: – MIG and TIG welding, joining technology, metal fabrication techniques, electrical and pneumatic systems, machining techniques and painting systems.
• Weld Inspection experience to CSWIP3.0.
• Knowledge of ERP systems e.g. IFS, CMM or laser scanning.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO).
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV to Luke.Farrow@aeropeople.com or Rober.Nangle@aeropeople.com
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com