Electronics / Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Electronics/ Electrical Engineer
Salary: £45,000- £50,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Working for one of the world’s largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit an Electronics/ Electrical Engineer to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have more than 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.7 billion. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
You will join a small team of Electronics/ Electrical engineers to assist in the design of new products and improve existing ones. You will be involved in projects from bid through to design, manufacture and delivery into aftermarket support.
• Support the development of the business as a prime or tier 1 supplier of integrated capability to enable entry into new markets.
• Provide support to the multi-functional engineering team in electronic systems, EMC (essential), TEMPEST (training can be provided) and communications.
• Write, control plans (EMC and TEMPEST), Interface Control Documents / Procurement specifications, Test Plans and Test Reports.
• Provide trouble shooting support to existing projects in the electronic/electrical domain
• Specify and undertake Electronic design, defining philosophies and performance criteria and assist in component selection, e.g. EMC filters, processors, components.
• Writing simple software for test or specifying software for external software company to write
• Specify and design integration test rigs and harnesses
• Conduct risk reduction EMC testing on products internally and support qualification testing at test houses.
• Identify the correct software and tools to develop systems integration capability
• Ensure consistent systems engineering best practice and innovation is applied across all projects
• Ensure that the designs are fit for purpose and meet or exceed customers’ expectations
• Facilitate generation of the Land System’s division Intellectual Property
• Ensure that all project work meets the project engineering budgets and timelines
• Support meetings and events with potential customers
• Basic salary of £45,000- £50,000 per annum dependent upon experience
• Enhanced company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Private medical insurance + family
• Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
• Onsite parking and canteen
• Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
• Restaurant Discount Card
• Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
• Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
• Healthcare cash plan
• Cycle to Work scheme
• You will be a qualified Electronics/ Electrical Engineer with the ability to make a difference and proactively provide Electronics/ Electrical knowledge on large and complex bid and project work.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
• The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
• Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics subject with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
• Sound understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to use and standard office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Chartered status with a relevant professional body is preferred
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com