Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Frimley/ Weymouth/ Bristol/ Portsmouth/ Barrow in Furness
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Software Engineer. This role can be based at any of their UK sites: Frimley/ Weymouth/ Bristol/ Portsmouth or Barrow in Furness.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
The Complex Systems and Support division predominantly supply to the UK MoD but also provide services to international customers. This team is responsible for system design, build and/or procurement of the major electronic and mechanical systems on a submarine, as well as provision of test, integration and support services. They effectively incorporate rapidly evolving, commercial technology, new capabilities and changes coming from the operational environment into long-term build, maintenance and in-service programmes.
We have a range of roles at different stages of the software lifecycle, where you will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects and help us to develop, integrate, manage and support the software required to deliver complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines.
You will work within a team of other engineers and technical specialists to understand and influence the inputs, development and integration of software into our equipment and systems.
– Supporting the development, integration and delivery of software solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
– Ensuring that technical and performance requirements of the software elements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified and working at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service, with the correct level of authority. This will also include working with suppliers and the military users of our equipment.
– Delivering your outputs to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
– Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
– Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good software management practices to your work
– Recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
– You will be self-motivated and proactive individual with the ability to absorb knowledge from technical experts in order to develop your own skills. You will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
– We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines. We are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work with us to participate and contribute to the important work that we do.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com