Safety Engineer- 00067974
Job Reference: J0013757
Job Title: Safety Engineer- 00067974
Location: Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
Salary: £48,000- £55,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Safety Engineer. This role will be based at their site in Barrow in Furness.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
There are a number of vacancies available for Safety Engineers with varying levels of experience who are required to support their growing safety case area of CDH (Control Damage Hazards).
As a Safety Engineer, you will work as part of a team and liaise with multiple engineering departments to achieve a cross functional safety argument. Your work will include hazard identification, development of requirements and hazard analysis across the bow-tie making use of multiple safety techniques. This will be presented through a number of safety case reports which you will be required to produce and maintain.
This role will provide you with opportunity to undertake safety analysis and develop safety cases for an exciting product. There are opportunities for career development including specialist training where required and progression to senior positions within the team.
Training will be provided, depending on your level of safety engineering experience.
– Developing, producing and maintaining the relevant analysis processes
– Undertaking HAZID/ HAZAN as required throughout the safety lifecycle
– Producing/ reviewing technical reports relating to the safety analysis
– Liaising with the engineering teams relevant to CDH safety issues
– Producing/ reviewing safety case reports and federating multiple safety cases
– Production of relevant safety plans and schedules for projects
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree qualified in a relevant STEM discipline is essential
– Safety Engineering knowledge or experience gained from any of the following areas: systems safety, process safety, technical safety, product safety, nuclear safety or safety case
– Experience with fault trees/ event trees would be desirable
– Experience with safety integrity levels would also be beneficial
– You will be an excellent problem solver, with a good eye for detail.
– You will have the ability to work with a high level of accuracy, to ensure customer and programme requirements are achieved.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com