Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Project Manager. This role will be based at their site in Portsmouth.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Their submarines division has approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million, delivering support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet. Their services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. They also develop and support the Royal Navy’s complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
Working within Digital Services, the Project Manager will have overall accountability for the delivery of their assigned projects to time, cost and quality, reporting to the Programmes and Project Manager and ensuring compliance with mandated corporate governance and the company’s standard ways of working. This will mean engaging all stakeholders to ensure that scope, plans, resourcing and budgets are aligned to the respective business cases as deliverable projects move through their lifecycle and into support.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in high-profile areas, offering the opportunity to influence and cultivate the way the business works. This role will also give you the opportunity to grow your career within the function.
• Having accountability and responsibility for assigned projects ensuring delivery to time and budget in line with the business case by understanding dependencies and providing input and direction to resolve challenges
• Interfacing with peers and senior stakeholders to understand and support strategic business priorities, capture project demand, prioritise project activities in accordance with budget and time constraints and ensure objectives are met
• Assisting in the development of best practice processes and methodologies and ensure usage of these methodologies to ensure consistency and overall integrity of the programs
• Being accountable for ensuring several aspects of Project Management practices in Line of Business or project meet the requirements of the company’s Operational Framework
• Ensuring best practices are adhered to in line with the APM Body of Knowledge
• Proactively adapting plans and priorities to address operational challenges whilst driving the team to meet project milestones
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Overtime available
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Bonus based on company performance
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Agile experience and qualification
• Strong experience with Microsoft project
• IT project delivery experience
• Delivering complex projects in excess of £8M
• Risk Management experience
• Strong Stakeholder Management
• We are looking for someone who will relish the visibility offered by this role. Someone who can bring not just an in-depth understanding of Life Cycle management and agile delivery techniques, but demonstrate evidence of having applied them in a similarly complex technical programme.
• Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to effectively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders and deliver complex I.T. solutions through the engagement of both internal and 3rd party suppliers.
• Experience working within the Defence sector
• Software Development knowledge and experience
• Working to Scaled Agile Framework
• PMQ qualification
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com