Production Planning Manager
Job Title: Production Planning Manager
Salary: £48,000- £53,000 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Production Planning Manager based at their site in Crewe.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As part of the Land division, you will be supporting the Armed Forces with the most advanced combat vehicle and munitions capabilities in the world and be part of a team that gives their customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, manufacturing and maintaining some of their most vital equipment. The Land UK business has major facilities in Cheshire, Monmouthshire, Shropshire and Tyne and Wear and employs over 1500 people.
As a Production Planning Manager, you will plan and deliver the appropriate resources to the operations team to ensure product is delivered to the customer on time. Leading the team of schedulers, resource controllers and stores, to ensure the business meets its statutory and legal compliance as well as meeting operational demands is critical to the success of the role.
This role will provide you with the ability to sit within the leadership team at the Cheshire facility. You will support with the development of the site and employees. You will work on a niche site and will be the only person doing this role in the UK (across organisations and industries).
• Developing and maintaining the Master Manufacturing Schedule (MMS) for Light Munitions at appropriate intervals in line with our business plans and customer requirements
• Developing Planning scenarios to confirm appropriate actions following business contract awards, etc.
• Monitoring and reporting on operations performance against schedule, challenging appropriately as necessary
• Accountability for the goods in & out stores and tool manufacture operations through the Stores and Tool Room manager
• Ensuring data accuracy relating to Scheduling & Operations requirements (Process Times, WIP stock, Scrap rates, etc)
• Supporting the development and introduction of appropriate Planning systems to best utilize business ERP system
• Working alongside the business Senior Planning & Logistics Manager and Munitions Planning Managers to implement effective Operations Support tools to support business Operational Excellence requirement
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Overtime available
• Flexible working
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Bonus based on company performance
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• HND or above in Business or Operations Management Qualification (A member of or studying towards a CILT (The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport)/APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)) OR equivalent transferable experience
• Experience managing large teams in the Manufacturing Sector with the ability to manage and implement all production control for light munitions
• Proven working experience of High Volume Manufacturing or similar environment
• Proven experience using SAP ERP System to support operational requirements
• A clear approach to management and experience to coach and mentor others in their development
• The ability to prioritise your workload and others, experience analysing dynamic situations and conflicting problems, great stakeholder management skills, the ability to build strong relationships internally and external to the organisation, good communication skills, the ability to motivate yourself and others and great interpersonal skills.
• You will also have experience coaching & mentoring others, with a clear focus on career development and progression.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques and related qualifications
• MCIPS Qualification (Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com