Product Safety Engineer
Job Reference: J0013843
Job Title: Product Safety Engineer
Location: Frimley or Weymouth preferred/ Bristol or Portsmouth considered
Salary: £40,000- £50,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Product Safety Engineer. This role will ideally be based in either Frimley or Weymouth but Bristol and Portsmouth will be considered depending on experience.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
The Complex Systems and Support team predominantly supply to the UK MoD but with smaller derivative work done in support of international Customers. The team is responsible for system design, build and/ or procurement of the major electronic and mechanical systems on a submarine, as well as provision of test, integration and support services.
You will have the opportunity to work with other technical specialists and may manage a team of engineers to help us design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in-service and future submarines. Your levels of responsibility will depend on your skills and experience, but you will be able to apply your subject matter expertise to ensure and be able to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating our submarine combat systems and other complex sub-systems are as low as reasonably practicable.
– Providing advice on product safety matter to the project and engineering managers delivering our programmes and ensuring the safety considerations are correctly considered, defined and implemented. This will include engaging with third parties, such as equipment or system suppliers, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence
– Developing the necessary studies and assessments, such as functional safety justifications, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and the production and maintenance of Safety Case documentation, in accordance with appropriate legal, industry and defence standards.
– Using your expertise and experience to make recommendations for improvements where appropriate, at the same time keeping abreast of changing safety standards and industry best-practice.
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
– Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
– Demonstrable experience in safety engineering activities in the defence, maritime or a relevant highly-controlled domain.
– Good communication skills and ability to interact and manage stakeholders
– We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines.
– We are looking for motivated people who can take responsibility for their own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com