Principal Systems Engineer
Job Reference: J0013796
Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £45,000- £55,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Systems Engineer at their site in Chelmsford, Essex.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
The Principal Systems Engineer will play a key role in directing, developing and designing engineering solutions.
As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will be applying principles of Systems Engineering to the entire engineering development lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance, then into system support.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a unique and complex project in which you can demonstrate your breadth of knowledge, skills and experience in Systems Engineering.
– Supporting the design of radar systems through the entire engineering development lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance, then into system support
– Undertaking system design decomposition and architecting to subsystem level, working directly with the System Design Authority
– Directing and undertaking design, development and validation of algorithmic solutions to address radar performance and radar capability requirements
– Directing and undertaking analysis of data collected from radar operation and radar trials to contribute to design solutions based upon the analysis of such data
– Defining and directly facilitating activities to realise radar system integration
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– Relevant Engineering/ Mathematic/ Scientific qualification or experience
– Chartered engineer or willing to work towards professional status
– Able to demonstrate advanced Mathematics skills and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB and Simulink
– Understanding of Configuration control
– Appreciation and practice of the holistic approaches to Systems Thinking and Systems Engineering
– You will be a proactive individual with concise, logical and accurate communication skills with attention to detail.
– You will have great problem solving skills, be self-motivated and able to operate effectively as a technical leader of a team.
– You will be able to demonstrate your experience in the use of complex mathematics in the development of signal processing, image processing or similar solutions using modelling tools.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com