Principal Environmental Engineer
Job Title: Principal Environmental Engineer
Salary: £45,000- £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Portsmouth or Bristol
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Environmental Engineer. This role can be based in either Portsmouth or Bristol.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Their maritime services division has approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million, delivering support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet. Their services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. They also develop and support the Royal Navy’s complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
You will be involved in supporting the Digital Services group for the Environmental requirements for the design of production of digital products supporting their National and International customer’s needs.
As a Principal Environmental Engineer, you will be applying your significant environmental experience to engineering systems to assist customers in understanding their Environmental profile. You will achieve this through a range of environmental assessment and management activities supplying advice and support to customers, stakeholders and internal projects.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to join a large and expanding Engineering and Digital Services team, where skills and competency in environmental management and sustainability and drive towards net zero carbon is becoming ever more critical to the business.
• To assist the E&DS Safety and Environmental lead in the delivery of all Environmental aspects within the wider engineering programme deliverables.
• To advise projects on environmental compliance within UK and International Legislation.
• To support projects in the conduct of environmental impact and assessment analysis.
• To advise projects on possible future changes to legislation.
• Produce environmental case reports, demonstrating to stakeholders the compliance status of projects and or products.
• Lead in the delivery of environmental assessment and management tasks, both internally and externally.
• Identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in environmental management.
• Act as the main point of contact for customers/ projects in relation to environmental management.
• Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
• Provide technical advice to less experienced team members, colleagues in Maritime Services and Naval Ships and customers.
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Ability to apply depth of knowledge, skill and significant product environmental experience to engineering systems in order to assist our customers in understanding their Environmental profile.
• The ability to undertake a range of environmental assessment and management activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to customers, stakeholders and internal projects.
• Good understanding of the global energy sector.
• Degree or postgraduate degree in Environmental Science or equivalent experience.
• Practitioner Member of suitable Environmental professional body i.e IEMA.
• You will be a skilled communicator, both written through report writing and verbally, possessing a good level of diplomacy and influencing skills to enable successful interaction with a range of stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements.
• You have the ability to capture information, evaluate and share best practice in all activities.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com