Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Safety)
Job Reference: J0013799
Job Title: Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Safety)
Location: Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
Salary: £45,000- £55,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Safety) at their site in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
As a Principal Engineer- Human Factors, you will be responsible for implementing human factors with a safety focus across multiple projects including boat programmes, Safety Cases, facility design and COMAH. You will sit within a large Human Factors department and report to the Human Factors Safety Engineering Manager. You will be required to work closely with stakeholders including Safety Case teams, Engineers, Project teams and End Users (Operators).
This role will allow you to enhance your skills in a wide range of Human Factors domains and provide opportunity to influence designs of complex systems and equipment to demonstrate these are safe and effective for the end users.
Undertake Human Factors work, to support any site based Human Factors safety related activities, including:
– Human Reliability Analysis
– Human Factors (HF) attendance / support to Hazard Identification (HAZID)
– HF support to the identification of Human Based safety claims (HBSCs)
– HF input to the Fault Schedule
– Human Error Probability calculation sheets
– Assessment of Safety Actions (SAs) – Operator Claims in the safety case
– HF Screening for detailed assessment
– Detailed Human Error Assessment – DHEA Reporting
– Write Human Factors Integration Plans (HFIPs)
– Update the Human Factors Issues Registers
– Relocation assistance is available if required
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree in human factors/ ergonomics/ psychology/ safety engineering or other relevant discipline
– Experience of producing human factors reports
– Being able to liaise with customers
– Knowledge of conducting human reliability analyses and Detailed Human Error Assessments (DHEA)
– Experience of Providing HF advice to a large project
– Knowledge of human factors in nuclear safety cases is desirable
– Experience of Hazard ID is desirable
– Experience of writing HFIP’s and managing a HF Issues Register is desirable
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com