Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Engineering)
Job Reference: J0013800
Job Title: Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Engineering)
Location: Barrow in Furness
Salary: £45,000- £55,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Human Factors (Engineering) at their site in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
As a Principal Engineer- Human Factors, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of Human Factors and Engineering challenges including design and assessment of work places, work stations, control rooms, accommodation and habitable environments, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and experimental design including User Trials.
You will be a part of a large Human Factors department and report to the Human Factors Engineering Manager. You will be required to work closely with stakeholders including Engineers, Designers and End Users (Operators).
This role will give you the opportunity to enhance your skills, influencing the design of Submarines, complex systems and site facilities to ensure they are optimised for their intended users, improving usability, safety and crew/ operator wellbeing.
– Task Analysis – breaking down operator tasks to identify issues with design, systems, processes, and identify opportunities for error prevention
– Workload Analysis/ Assessment of Situation Awareness to optimise operator performance through design
– Experimental design – planning and conducting User Trials and HF assessments of the developing design, optimising user interaction
– Human Computer Interaction (HCI) development and assessment
– Human Machine Interface review
– Workplace/ workspace assessment including anthropometry
– Relocation assistance is available if required
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– Experience producing Human Factors reports
– Degree in Human Factors/Ergonomics/ Psychology / or other relevant discipline
– Experience of providing Human Factors advice to a large/ complex project
– Stakeholder engagement
– Experience of writing Human Factors Integration Plans is desirable
– Experience of managing a HF Issues Register is desirable
– You will be a skilled communicator, possessing a good level of diplomacy to enable successful interaction with a range of stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com