Principal Engineer- Electro Magnetic Compatability
Job Reference: J0013753
Job Title: Principal Engineer- Electro Magnetic Compatability
Location: Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
Salary: £45,000- £53,000 per annum
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Electro Magnetic Compatibility. This role will be based at their site in Barrow in Furness.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
The successful candidate will support ongoing Submarine programmes throughout the engineering lifecycle from concept through in-service support, ensuring that we deliver an effective Royal Navy capability and a platform that ensures the safety of its crew. In return, you will be supported with the career development and opportunities you need to fulfil your potential.
– Undertake and document, functional design and analysis to support compatibility with project/ product Electromagnetic Environment
– Develop and agree contractual requirements and specifications for project/ product Electromagnetic Environment
– Determine and execute the Electromagnetic control measures to be implemented throughout the project/ product design with respect to the specified requirements
– Provide advice and guidance to our customers, suppliers and, system/ product engineers as necessary to achieve the design aims of the project
– Identifying and implementing opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained and improved
– Salary up to £53,000 per annum
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Skills and Qualifications:
– A relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or, Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent qualification
– Experience in design for EMC
– Significant experience in EMC fault diagnostics and rectification
– Understanding of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EC) regulations
– Professional registration at Chartered level or evidence of work towards this
– You will be self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised and still meet tight deadlines.
– Possess excellent communication skills
– Be able to work collaboratively with the wider team when required.
– The ability to proactively problem solve is key to the success of this role.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com