Job Title: ILS Engineer
Salary: £45,000- £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as an ILS Engineer based at their site in Christchurch, Dorset.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As part of the Air division, you will be part of a team who are developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for future generations and supporting customers around the globe.
The ILS Engineer will be working on an existing defence programmes being delivered into the UK MoD. As an ILS Engineer, you will serve as the focal point for all matters regarding the reporting and metrics for Integrated Logistic Support aspects into the customer as well as within the project to other project functions. You will work closely with the Systems Design and Engineering Teams as well as with Project Management.
• Responsible for the project metrics and reporting of the product support engineering capability, as required by performance based logistic support contracts
• Schedule adherence of ILS activities to agreed milestones
• Contribution to improvement in Engineering Key Performance Indicators
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working opportunities
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Knowledge of engineering drawings
• Knowledge of applicable Defence Standards for supportability and related specifications, e.g. Defence Standard 00-600 for Integrated Logistic Support, S1000D for Technical Publications, S2000M for Provisioning and spares management and Defence Standard 00-40 for Reliability Analysis
• Experience of engineering systems and maintenance
• Verbal and written communications abilities and experience of reporting of ILS metrics and presenting ILS material will be necessary
• Knowledge of ILS principles and experience in the use of ILS techniques
• Knowledge of Supportability Analysis and performance based logistic support contracting
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com