Consultant Engineer – Technical Authority
Job Reference: J0013801
Job Title: Consultant Engineer – Technical Authority
Location: Frimley, Weymouth, Portsmouth or Bristol
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Consultant Engineer. This role can be based at any of their UK sites: Frimley, Weymouth, Portsmouth or Bristol.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet. The Complex Systems and Support division predominantly supply to the UK MoD but also provide services to international customers.
Would you like to be at the forefront of design definition of an exciting new project within our advanced Combat Systems function?
As a Consultant Engineer you will carry out the role and responsibilities of the Above Water Surveillance delegated Technical Authority within Submarines Complex Systems and Support. AWS is one of the major subsystems of the Combat Systems in UK submarines, offering the opportunity for innovation and demonstration of leading edge engineering in a very challenging environment. As AWS delegated Technical Authority, you will lead on System design, requirement specification, requirement acceptance and product sign-off from a technical perspective ensuring that products are safe to install, operate, maintain and dispose of.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to interact with a number of internal and external (Ministry of Defence, Supply Chain and wider Platform Engineering) stakeholders on a regular basis and work as part of a high energy team dedicated to achieving success.
Your main responsibilities as a Consultant Engineer (Delegated Technical Authority) will involve:
– Ownership and definition the AWS Product evolution strategy and design
– Responsibility for ensuring that all AWS sub-systems and equipment are safe to install, operate, maintain and dispose of and meet the customer requirements to cost schedule and quality.
– Achieving and maintaining qualification for AWS sub-systems and equipment according to company process.
– Managing engineering change related to AWS sub-system design and equipment according to company process.
– Resolution of complex issues regarding AWS sub-systems and their interfaces to the Common Combat System and submarine platform.
– Mentoring of subordinate engineers ranging from Junior to Principal Engineers
– Responsibility for decisions on technical issues with respect to the AWS sub-systems and provision of engineering advice and guidance to Suppliers and the MoD Customer base
– Provision of engineering advice and engineering decisions to the AWS Senior Project Manager for all AWS sub-systems
– Involvement in future submarine technologies and concepts
Your skills and qualifications:
– Ideally hold a degree in an Engineering discipline.
– Ideally be a Chartered Engineer.
– Good understanding of Systems Engineering, Safety Standards and Product Legislation and Certification
– Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of Project Management, Risk and Commercial principles and knowledge
What we’re looking for in you:
You will be a self-motivated and proactive worker, with a desire to learn. You will have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work across multiple technology domains and engineering disciplines, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com