Job Title: Commercial Officer
Salary: £35,000- £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Commercial Officer. This role will be based at their site in Portsmouth.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Their submarines division has approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million, delivering support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet. Their services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. They also develop and support the Royal Navy’s complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
As a Commercial Officer, you will be working as part of the Commercial team and in close liaison with Project Managers, Finance, Supply Chain and other functions. The post holder will provide support to the Commercial Manager by actively developing and supplying commercial solutions, managing data reports, and providing support on the Commercial aspects of project delivery. The role will also act as the Commercial point of contact for the customer on assigned projects.
The role of Commercial Officer provides opportunity for career progression in Commercial and adjacent areas.
This role will provide you with a variety of commercial activities, working with a range of people at all levels in the organisation with frequent customer contact. You will develop a broad range of commercial principles that will help you to develop further in a Commercial role.
• Managing commercial registers and administration of commercial documentation
• Coordinating of commercial forecasting
• Supporting to the change process – coordinating inputs and preparing proposal documentation (including pricing and contractual information) for internal approval and final submission to the customer for negotiation
• Approving bids within delegated authority
• Providing day-to-day commercial support to Project Teams and other functions, including:
o Contractual and commercial advice
o Processing payment claims
o Producing key reporting inputs, meetings packs and meeting minutes
o Providing Commercial point of contact for customer on commercial matters within scope of responsibility, including attending stakeholder meetings as required
o Deputizing for the Commercial Manager during periods of absence, as appropriate.
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Overtime available
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree or equivalent experience
• An understanding of entry level Commercial Competencies and experience in change management, high profile/ complex programmes would be an advantage
• Awareness of contracting principles
• Financial awareness
• Effective written, verbal, numeric & presentation skills
• You will have the ability to challenge and question others effectively, with strong communication and influencing skills.
• You can manage a varied workload, prioritising accordingly, and seek continuous improvement in your ways of working
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com