Job Reference: J0013903
Job Title: Machinist
About the Company:
Would you like the opportunity to work as a Machinist, while maintaining a fantastic earning potential through an overseas position?
Our customer is seeking to appoint an experienced Machinist, to join their operation based in the UAE.
The candidate should have done at least an Aircraft Ground Equipment Technician course or equivalent, with an experience in operation and maintenance of XXXXXX, able to work efficiently, either as a team member, an individual or as a team leader. And being of the following:
1. Minimum of 10 years’ operating experience in a military / civilian environment.
2. Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
3. Manufacture aircraft tooling and ground support equipment.
4. Applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
5. Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometres and Vernier callipers.
6. Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders.
7. Basic computer skills.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
– 20 week leave cycle:
– Work for 20 weeks followed by 3 week break, then
– 17 weeks at work, cycle then repeats
– free flights to home to the nearest international airport
– Transferable to partner to visit UAE
– Open ended contracts.
– Three months notice on all roles
– Salary paid into the bank of your choice, local allowances in local bank.
– Tax – all payments are paid free of tax.
– Free fully furnished Air Force Bachelor accommodation
– Free Medical under auspices of Ministry of Defence
– Sporting Facilities at Bases
– Messing and Bar Facilities on a monthly payment basis through Mess Bills
– Company will sponsor Residence/Visit Visas as applicable for family members
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Equipment Section – Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job.
2. Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
3. Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of equipment, services or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
4. Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
5. Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
6. Co-ordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
7. Communication – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
8. Communicate with company management, customer, vendors, suppliers, etc as necessary.
9. Oversee maintenance and/or construction activities performed by third parties.
10. Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns immediately.
11. Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork as required/requested.
12. Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
13. Be familiar with Flight Safety, COSHH, Safety at Work regulations and standards and HSE issues with the facility.